We created the Game Plan doc to help you think about the different elements in a video game. It will help you identify these elements and start to think about what elements you will include your game.
All you need to do is play some games and then answer a few questions. Anyone who submits a completed Game Plan will earn 1 Prize Token. Click on the link below to create copy of the Game Plan for your personal use.
Play games to get ideas:
Arcade video games fall into one of four categories:
- Adventure – Your sprite is on a journey through various settings to achieve the goal
- Platformer – Your sprite must jump and drop to different platforms
- Target Gallery – Your sprite hits targets with a projectile
- Maze – Your sprite must find its way in a walled layout
All video games have five core elements:
- Theme – What’s the setting that your game exists in?
- Goals – How does a player win or lose? How does a player score points?
- Rules – Guide a player on how to play your video game.
- Components – Players, enemies, obstacles… describe the parts of your game.
- Mechanics – How does a player interact and complete actions in your game?
Submit your Game Plan
We will post all submissions on The Code It! Community Feed. We will not share any personal identifiable or demographic information.